Datachemist is a venture-funded startup in Dublin, Ireland, creating next-generation data acquisition, modification and publishing software using sophisticated logical models. We need motivated and mathematically sophisticated engineers who are interested in taking the journey with us far beyond the state-of-the-art in database programming and querying facilities. This is a job for geeks only. If you don’t read papers at the weekend for fun, or try your hand at implementing solutions to hard problems just to scratch an itch, it’s probably not for you.
The successful candidate needs to prove a foundation in logic and relational programming or formal logic and type theory. We need someone who not only understands what subsumption or least fixed points are, but who can help us write the fastest algorithms for implementing them.
The programming will take place in a range of languages including C, C++, Prolog (swipl / Mercury), Python. The successful candidate need not know all of these, but experience in the respective paradigms is essential. Any experience in implementing persistent data structures or databases, indexing strategies, concurrent query execution, etc. is a plus.
Join us in realising our vision of making Datachemist the world leader in data modelling technologies and you’ll get to be part of computer science history.
Competitive package, with stock options and benefits
Useful Skills Include:
- Database design or implementation: indexing strategies, transaction management strategies, journaling
- Query optimisation and programme transformation for relational or logic languages
- Experience with modelling languages, especially the OWL web ontology language
- Concurrency with logic or functional programming languages
- Linux or other Unix experience
- LAMP stack experience
- Mathematical sophistication, especially logic (proof theory, model theory, type theory, set theory)
Apply online by filling out the form below.
DataChemist - Dublin, Ireland