Do you dream of a future where intelligent databases learn by automatically extracting information both from existing networked data-sources and from their users to continuously improve the reliability and accuracy of the information they contain? Do you think that new technology should be Open Source so the benefit can spread to a broad community of users? Do you love to introduce new and better technologies to developers and data scientists on your team? Would you like to make a mark on the world by introducing the developer community to the database of the future?
TerminusDB, a new open source database project, is looking for a dynamic and proactive individual who can help us build an open user community.
As a Developer Advocate you will know the concerns, interests, demographics, and cultures of developers, and you will have creative ideas around how we can connect deeply and effectively with them.
As a key member of our small, but rapidly growing team, you will be the voice of TerminusDB to developers and the voice of developers to TerminusDB .
You will be the go to person for telling our story to the community – setting up MeetUps in various locations, speaking at events, running webcasts, and much more. You will leverage our team to speak, teach, and evangelise TerminusDB around the world.
The successful candidate will be an engaging communicator, passionate about technology, and love interacting with developers, coders and data scientists.
We need you to help us build a community around a successful open source project.
The role is highly varied and will change over time.
The overarching goal is building a following of passionate developers, this may include the following:
- Identify strategies and opportunities to bring content to developers
- Write and perfect documentation. For an open-source project, documentation is one of the most important reasons for being adopted by fellow developers
- Seek out, build and write up use cases and demos to demonstrate the database.
- Analyse new features and capabilities to present them as useful and compelling.
- Publish blog posts and tutorials and speak at meetups and conferences to highlight best practices and offer a fresh perspective.
- Champion users’ needs internally by providing feedback to sales, product, and engineering. Influence the roadmap based on developer needs.
- Write informative posts in social networks and create blog and video content to attract and grow interest.
- Answer Slack, Quora and Stack Overflow questions
The ideal candidate:
- Has built a visible online presence via social media, blogs, forums, GitHub repos and/or community involvement.
- Has experience as a current or former developer.
- Has experience in open source community relations and/or marketing technical products
- Can confidently moderate discussions among technical and non-technical groups.
- Has previously done a similar developer advocate or technical community leader job
You get bonus points if:
- You are a tinkerer! Show us personal projects you’ve worked on, GitHub projects you’ve forked, etc.
- You are naturally inclined to provide unbelievable service and enjoy teaching and helping others.
- You love database design
- You have experience in startup and growth-stage environments
What We Offer
A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed startup developing a database with unique capabilities. The successful candidate will be part of our product and marketing teams. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and become part of a highly talented team on a fast-growth venture-funded track with competitive salary, excellent stock-options package and a full range of benefits.
Apply online by completing the form below
DataChemist - Dublin, Ireland